Friday, November 7, 2008

Random Rules

I'm not sure if the novelty of Hong Kong wore off the second time or if I wasn't as observant this trip but I didn't find as many amusing things this trip as I did last. I think Sean put it best when he said that Hong Kong is the land of NO. Every possible thing you can imagine has a sign on it telling you what to do or what you can't do. I'm thinking the sign maker is the richest man in Hong Kong.

Subway Rules


This sign was in the subway stating what you cannot bring on the subway. Pets? ok, Poisons? probably a good idea, I have no idea what the top right one is, but Balloons?? I honestly could go weeks without seeing a balloon yet in Hong Kong, people have brought them on the subway enough to warrant a sign.

Pool Rules



These were the rules of the Sheraton Pool. A few of my favorites.

  1. All persons are required to shower with soap before entering the pool/jacuzzi. Who's job is it to check?
  2. Do not use soap in the pool or jacuzzi. Really? Did this happen enough that they had to add it to the rules?
  3. Spitting or blowing of the nose is prohibited. I actually like this one but it's ridiculous that you have to tell people this.
  4. Appropriate swimwear must be worn, no cutoff jeans or long pants allowed. Ok what jack ass goes swimming in long pants? Apparently enough to warrant an addition to the rules.
The people running Hong Kong have to be the most anal people in the world. Either that or they are related to the sign makers and are funneling government money to them.

No comments: