Friday, November 7, 2008

Lost in Hong Kong

Referring to Ray's "Copy, Copy, Copy" post it's all true. I was totally lost in Hong Kong for a good 2 hours. Hong Kong is just like any other city, easy to navigate on foot and retrace your steps in the event you get a little off the beaten path right?

Hell no!

So I ventured out in search of trinkets for the SEO team and family along with some new threads to round out my fall wardrobe. I somehow convinced myself that the winding corridor of alleys and off the beaten path stores would contain what I was looking for, and I was sadly mistaken.

Given the lack of street signs, ability to cross at 8 out of 10 intersections and not remembering the address or neighborhood which the hotel was in were all contributor's to my adventure. I did manage to get some sweet pictures of signs telling me things that I cannot do along with receiving various propositions from hookers.

And as you can see I made it back in one piece, just a little more jaded than I was before.

Also in reference to the lunch meeting where Ray ate the cow stomach, during the lunch meeting in the airport I was teased by the sight of a Popeye's Chicken and Biscuit restaurant.

If you've had the luxury of enjoying a Popeye's Po' Boy sandwich you know exactly how tempting it can be so on the way home I made a point to try it out in Hong Kong, knowing damn well I would be setting myself up for disappointment.

No comments: